Mobile Banking Service Agreement
- MOBILE BANKING SERVICE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
- Service Access. Mobile Banking is a personal financial information management service that allows you to access account information and make transactions as set forth above using compatible and supported mobile phones and/or other compatible and supported wireless devices ("Mobile device"). If we approve the Mobile Banking service, a separate PIN will be assigned to you. You must use your PIN with your account number to access your accounts. We reserve the right to modify the scope of the Mobile Banking Services at any time. We reserve the right to refuse to make any transaction you request through Mobile Banking. You agree and understand that Mobile Banking may not be accessible or may have limited utility over some mobile telephone networks, such as while roaming. The most up-to-date list of services which you may be able to access through Mobile Banking is posted on the Mobile Banking enrollment and management website accessed through the Web Access Internet banking service. When you enroll for Mobile Banking, designated accounts and payees (or billers) linked to your account through the Web Access Internet banking service will be accessible through the Mobile Banking service.
- Use of Services. You accept responsibility for making sure that you understand how to use Mobile Banking before you actually do so, and you use Mobile Banking in accordance with the online instructions posted on our Web site. You also accept responsibility for making sure that you know how to properly use your Mobile device and the Mobile Banking software application. In the event we change or upgrade Mobile Banking, you are responsible for making sure you that you understand how to use Mobile Banking as changed or upgraded. We will not be liable to you for any losses caused by your failure to properly use Mobile Banking or your mobile device.
- Transactions. At the present time, you may use the Mobile Banking account access service to:
- Transfer funds between your savings, checking, money market, and loan or credit card accounts.
- Make loan payments to any of your loan or credit card accounts.
- Review account balance and transaction history for any of your deposit or loan accounts.
- Review information on your loan account including payment amounts, due dates, interest charges, and balance information.
- Make bill payments from your checking account using the Web Access Internet banking online bill payment service.
- Submit stop payment orders on checks drawn on your account.
- Make administrative changes on your Mobile Banking set-up and service access.
- Communicate with the Credit Union using email.
- Submit loan application.
- Relationship to Other Agreements. You agree that when you use Mobile Banking, you will remain subject to the terms and conditions of all your existing agreements with us including the Membership and Account Agreement (Web Access Internet banking services). Bill payment transactions conducted through Mobile Banking are also subject to the terms of the Online Bill Payment Service Agreement provided to you upon your service qualification. All check deposit capture services you conduct with your mobile device are subject to a separate Mobile Deposit Service Agreement.You agree that when you use Mobile Banking, you will remain subject to the terms and conditions of your existing agreements with any service providers of yours, including service carrier or provider (e.g., Cingular, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, Alltel, etc.). You understand that those agreements may provide for fees, limitations and restrictions which might impact your use of Mobile Banking (for example, your mobile service carrier or provider may impose data usage or text message charges for your use of or interaction with Mobile Banking, including while downloading the Software, receiving or sending Mobile Banking text messages, or other use of your Mobile device when using the Software or other products and services provided by Mobile Banking), and you agree to be solely responsible for all such fees, limitations and restrictions. You agree that only your mobile service carrier or provider is responsible for its products and services. Accordingly, you agree to resolve any problems with your carrier or provider directly with your carrier or provider without involving us.
- Mobile Banking Software License. You are hereby granted a personal, limited, non-transferable, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable and non-assignable license ("License") to download, install and use the Software application on your Mobile device within the United States and its territories. In the event that you obtain a new or different Mobile device, you will be required to download and install the Software application to that new or different Mobile device. This License shall be deemed revoked immediately upon (i) your termination of Mobile Banking in accordance with this Agreement; (ii) your deletion of the Software application from your Mobile device; or (iii) our written notice to you at anytime with or without cause. If this License is revoked for any of the foregoing reasons, you agree to promptly delete the Software application from your Mobile device.
- Your Obligations. When you use Mobile Banking to access accounts you designate during the registration process, you agree to the following requirements:
- Account Ownership/Accurate Information. You represent that you are the legal owner of the accounts and other financial information which may be accessed via Mobile Banking. You represent and agree that all information you provide to us in connection with Mobile Banking is accurate, current and complete, and that you have the right to provide such information to us for the purpose of operating Mobile Banking. You agree to not misrepresent your identity or your account information. You agree to keep your account information up to date and accurate.
- User Conduct. You agree not to use Mobile Banking or the content or information delivered through Mobile Banking in any way that would: (a) infringe any third-party copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy, including any rights in the Software application (b) be fraudulent or involve the sale of counterfeit or stolen items, including, but not limited to, use of Mobile Banking to impersonate another person or entity; (c) violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising); (d) be false, misleading or inaccurate; (e) create liability for us or our affiliates or service providers, or cause us to lose (in whole or in part) the services of any of our service providers; (f) be defamatory, trade libelous, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing; (g) potentially be perceived as illegal, offensive or objectionable; (h) interfere with or disrupt computer networks connected to Mobile Banking; (i) interfere with or disrupt the use of Mobile Banking by any other user; or (k) use Mobile Banking in such a manner as to gain unauthorized entry or access to the computer systems of others.
- Mobile Banking Service Limitations. Neither we nor any of our service providers assume responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, misdelivery or failure to store any user data, communications or personalization settings in connection with your use of Mobile Banking. Neither we nor any of our service providers assume responsibility for the operation, security, functionality or availability of any mobile device or mobile network which you utilize to access Mobile Banking. You agree to exercise caution when utilizing the Mobile Banking application on your mobile device and to use good judgment and discretion when obtaining or transmitting information. Financial information shown on Mobile Banking reflects the most recent account information available through Mobile Banking, and may not be current. You agree that neither we nor our service providers will be liable for any delays in the content, or for any actions you take in reliance thereon. If you need current account information you agree to contact us directly.
- POPMONEY℠ PAYMENTS SERVICE.
"ACH Network" means the funds transfer system, governed by the NACHA Rules that provides funds transfer services to participating financial institutions.
"Eligible Transaction Account" is a transaction account (checking, money market or other direct deposit account, credit card account, or debit card account, including any required routing information) from which your payments as a Sender will be debited, any Popmoney Service fees will be automatically debited, or to which payments and credits to you will be credited.
"Payment Instruction" is the information provided by the Sender to the Popmoney Service for a payment to be made to a Receiver (such as, but not limited to, name, mobile telephone number, email address, and bank account and routing number information).
"Payment Network" means a payment network (such as the ACH Network or ACCEL / Exchange payment network) through which funds may be transferred.
"Receiver" is a person or business entity that is sent a payment transaction through the Popmoney Service.
"Sender" is a person or business entity that sends a payment transaction through the Popmoney Service.
- Initiation of Payment Transactions. You may initiate (a) a one-time payment transaction to a Receiver for which processing shall be initiated immediately, (b) a one-time payment transaction to a Receiver for which processing shall be initiated at a later specified date up to one (1) year, and (c) a recurring series of payment transactions to a Receiver for which processing shall be initiated on the specified dates. Payment transactions initiated to Receivers are processed in two ways. You can provide all the required information about the Receiver, including his/her Eligible Transaction Account, necessary to complete an ACH Network transfer of funds. Alternatively, you can provide contact information about the Receiver (including an email address or mobile telephone number) and the Popmoney Service may contact the Receiver and request that the Receiver (i) provide information so that we may validate the identity of the Receiver at the Popmoney Website and then (ii) provide Eligible Transaction Account information in order to complete the payment transaction (a "Two-Step Transfer"). If the Receiver maintains an Eligible Transaction Account with an institution that participates in the Popmoney Service, the Receiver may access the Popmoney Service at his or her financial institution's website or mobile application to complete the payment transaction and receive the payment.
You understand and agree that when you initiate a payment transaction from an Eligible Transaction Account using the Popmoney Service, the processing of the payment transaction will begin and the debiting of your Eligible Transaction Account will occur as early as the day of such initiation. However, the payment funds will be transferred into the Receiver's Eligible Transaction Account no earlier than the next Business Day after you initiated the payment transaction. If you request a one-time payment transaction to be initiated on a specified date or a recurring series of payment transactions to be initiated on specified dates, then the processing of the payment transaction will begin on the specified date and the debiting of your Eligible Transaction Account will occur as early as the specified date(s). However, the payment funds will be transferred into the Receiver's Eligible Transaction Account no earlier than the next Business Day following the specified date. In addition, in the case of all Two-Step Transfers, the deposit of the payment funds into the Receiver's Eligible Transaction Account (even if debited or withdrawn from your Eligible Transaction Account) may be delayed if the Receiver has not provided the Popmoney Service with certain required information such as his or her Eligible Transaction Account information.
- Payment Authorization and Payment Remittance. By providing us with names and telephone numbers, email addresses, and/or account information of Receivers to whom you wish to direct payments, you authorize us to follow the Payment Instructions that we receive through the Popmoney Service. When we receive a Payment Instruction from you, you authorize us to debit your Eligible Transaction Account and remit funds on your behalf. You also authorize us to credit your Eligible Transaction Account for the receipt of payments, including but not limited to those payments returned to us from Receivers to whom you sent payment(s) or cancelled and returned to you because the processing of the payment transaction could not be completed. It is the responsibility of the Sender and the Receiver to ensure the accuracy of any information or payment instructions (including but not limited to the Payment Instructions and name, telephone number and/or email address that the Sender enters for the Receiver to whom you are sending the payment transaction), and for informing us as soon as possible if they become aware that this information is inaccurate. Neither the Sender nor Receiver may use a P.O. Box as a postal address. We will make a reasonable effort to stop or recover a payment transaction made to the wrong person or entity once informed, but we do not guarantee such stoppage or recovery and will bear no responsibility or liability for damages resulting from incorrect information entered by the Sender or Receiver.
We will use reasonable efforts to complete all your payment transactions properly. However, we shall incur no liability if we are unable to complete any transaction because of the existence of any one or more of the following circumstances:
- If, through no fault of ours, the Eligible Transaction Account does not contain sufficient funds to complete the payment transaction or the payment transaction would exceed the credit limit of your overdraft account;
- The Popmoney Service is not working properly and you know or have been advised by us about the malfunction before you execute the payment transaction;
- The payment is refused;
- You have not provided us with the correct information, including but not limited to the correct Payment Instructions or Eligible Transaction Account information, or the correct name and address or mobile phone number of the Receiver to whom you are initiating a payment transaction; and/or,
- Circumstances beyond our control (such as, but not limited to, fire, flood, network or system down time, issues with the financial institution, or interference from an outside force) prevent the proper execution of the payment transaction and we have taken reasonable precautions to avoid those circumstances.
- Receiving Payments. If another person wants to send you a payment transaction using the Popmoney Service to an Eligible Transaction Account you hold with us, he or she can do that from an Eligible Transaction Account at a financial institution that participates in the Popmoney Service or at the Popmoney Website. You understand and agree that there may be a delay between the time you are notified of the pending payment transaction and the deposit of the payment funds into your Eligible Transaction Account, and you may be required to take additional steps to facilitate the deposit of the payment of funds into your Eligible Transaction Account. You authorize the Sender, the financial institution which holds the Sender's Eligible Transaction Account and the Popmoney Website to send emails to you and text messages to your mobile phone in connection with the Sender's initiation of payment transactions to you, and, as a Receiver, you may also receive electronic gift cards or requests from others for payment through the Popmoney Service.
- Payment Methods and Amounts. We impose limits on the amount of money or gift card value you can send or receive. These limits may be adjusted from time-to-time at our sole discretion. You may log in to the Site to view your individual transaction limits. We also reserve the right to select the method in which to remit funds on your behalf, and the method to return funds to you in the event that your Eligible Transaction Account is closed or otherwise unavailable to us. These payment methods may include, but may not be limited to, an electronic or paper check payment.
- Receipts and Transaction History. You may view your transaction history by logging into the online banking service and viewing your transaction history.
- Calls to You. By providing us with a telephone number (including a wireless/cellular, mobile telephone number), you consent to receiving autodialed and prerecorded message calls from us at that number for non-marketing purposes.
- Service Providers. We are offering you the Popmoney Service through one or more service providers with whom we have contracted some or all of the service on our behalf. You agree that we have the right under this Agreement to delegate to our service providers certain rights and performance obligations that we have under this Agreement, and that our service providers will be intended third party beneficiaries of this Agreement and will be entitled to the applicable rights and protections that this Agreement provides to us.
- Prohibited Payments. The following types of payments are prohibited and we have the right but not the obligation to monitor for, block and/or reverse such payments:
- Payments to or from persons or entities located in prohibited territories;
- Payments that violate any law;
- Payments for donations or payments to an unauthorized charity or non-profit organization
- Payments that violate any terms in this Agreement; and
- Payments related to tax or court ordered obligations, gambling, any unlawful activity, or any objectionable purpose as we reasonably determine.
In no event shall we be obligated to research or resolve or be liable for any claims or damages resulting from your scheduling of prohibited payments.
- EFT SERVICES CONDITIONS.
- Security of PIN. Any personal identification number (PIN) that you select is for your security purposes. The PIN is confidential and should not be disclosed to third parties or recorded. You are responsible for safekeeping your PIN. You agree not to disclose or otherwise make your PIN available to anyone not authorized to sign on your accounts. If you authorize anyone to have or use your PIN, you understand that person may use the Mobile Banking service to review all of your account information and make account transactions. Also, you are responsible for all bill payments, transfers or other transactions you authorize using Mobile Banking and Popmoney. If you permit other persons to use your Mobile device and PIN or other means to access Mobile Banking or Popmoney, you are responsible for any transactions they authorize. Therefore, we are entitled to act on transaction instructions received using your PIN and you agree that the use of your PIN will have the same effect as your signature authorizing transactions. For anyone you authorize to use your PIN in any manner, that authority will be considered unlimited in amount and manner until you specifically revoke such authority by notifying the Credit Union and changing your PIN immediately. You are responsible for any transactions made by such persons until you notify us that transactions and access by that person are no longer authorized and your PIN is changed. If you fail to maintain or change the security of your PIN and the Credit Union suffers a loss, we may terminate your electronic funds transfer and account services immediately.
- Joint Accounts. If any of the accounts that you register under the Mobile Banking or Popmoney service is a joint account, you represent that your joint account holder has consented for you to use that account with any Service. We will end your use of any Service if any joint account holder notifies us that (i) they never consented to your use of the Service, (ii) the joint account can no longer be operated on your instructions alone, or (iii) they are withdrawing consent for you to operate the joint account.
- Illegal Use or Internet Gambling. You may not use the Mobile banking or Popmoney services for any illegal or unlawful transaction, and we may decline to authorize any transaction that we believe poses an undue risk of illegality or unlawfulness. You agree that all transactions that you initiate by use of a Service are legal in the jurisdiction where you live and/or where the transaction occurred. Internet gambling may be illegal in the jurisdiction in which you are located, including the United States. Your electronic funds transfers may only be conducted for legal transactions. We have restricted all online gambling transactions by use of an electronic funds transfer service.
- MEMBER LIABILITY.
- Authorized Transactions. You are solely responsible for all transfers you authorize using any Mobile Banking or Popmoney services under this Agreement. If you permit other persons to use any Mobile Banking or Popmoney service, PIN or access code, you are responsible for any transactions they authorize or conduct on any of your accounts. You understand that any transaction by a business owner, employee, agent representative or anyone you authorize to transact business on your account or any transaction by an authorized person that exceeds the specific transaction authority you have provided, are considered authorized transaction for which you remain fully responsible. You are responsible for safeguarding your business, financial and personal data, passwords and other information to prevent unauthorized access to or use of your accounts or services.
- Notification to Credit Union. You are responsible for all transfers you authorize using any of your Mobile Banking or Popmoney Services under this Agreement. Tell us at once if you believe anyone has used your Account or PIN and accessed your accounts without your authority or if you believe that an electronic funds transfer has been made without your permission using information from your check. Telephoning is the best way of keeping your possible losses down. If you believe your Account or PIN has been compromised or that someone has transferred or may transfer money from your account without your permission, call: us at 1-800-999-3961 during member service hours; contact us by using the application e-messaging feature; or Write to us at: America First Credit Union, PO Box 9199, Ogden, UT 84409-0199
- Consumer Accounts. For consumer accounts, if you tell us of the unauthorized use of your account within two (2) business days, you can lose no more than $50 if someone accessed your account without your permission. If you do not tell us within two (2) business days after you learn of the unauthorized use of your account or Mobile Banking service, and we can prove that we could have stopped someone from accessing our account without your permission if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500. Also, if your statement shows Mobile Banking transfers that you did not make including made by a PIN or other means, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within sixty (60) days after the statement was mailed to you, you may be liable up to the full amount of the loss if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from making the transfers if you had told us in time. If a good reason (such as a hospital stay) kept you from telling us, we will extend the time periods.
- Business Accounts. For business accounts, the Credit Union will not be responsible for any losses or damages you may incur regarding the unauthorized access to or use of your account or service resulting from any compromise of your data.
- BUSINESS DAYS. Our business days are Monday through Friday. Holidays are not included.
- FEES AND CHARGES. There are no fees for the Mobile Banking or Popmoney Services except as set forth in this Agreement and the Rate and Fee Schedule. Your normal account charges will continue to apply as set forth on the Rate and Fee Schedule. You authorize us to automatically charge your account for all such fees incurred under this Agreement. In the future, we may add to or enhance the Service features and by using such added or enhanced features, you agree to pay any applicable fees.
- RIGHT TO RECEIVE DOCUMENTATION OF TRANSFERS.
- Periodic Statements. Transfers, withdrawals, and purchases transacted through the Mobile banking service or with a participating merchant and Popmoney transfers will be recorded on your periodic statement, provided by mail or electronically if you have requested an electronic statement. You will receive a statement monthly unless there is no transaction in a particular month. In any case, you will receive a statement at least quarterly. You may request that your statement be provided electronically.
- Mobile Banking Services. Transaction history is also available through the Mobile Banking services.
- As necessary to complete transfers;
- To verify the existence of sufficient funds to cover specific transactions upon the request of a third party merchant;
- To comply with government agency or court orders;
- If you give us your express permission.
- CREDIT UNION LIABILITY FOR FAILURE TO MAKE TRANSFERS. If we do not complete a transfer to or from your account on time or in the correct amount according to our Agreement with you, we will be liable for your losses or damages. Our sole responsibility for an error in a transfer will be to correct the error, and in no case will we be liable for any indirect, special or incidental damages. However, there are some exceptions. We will not be liable for instance:
- If, through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your account to make the transfer, the transfer would go over the credit limit on your line of credit, if applicable, or if the funds in your account are subject to an administrative hold, legal process or other claim
- If you used the wrong PIN or you have not properly followed any applicable mobile device or Credit Union user instructions for making transfer and bill payment transactions.
- If your computer or mobile device fails or malfunctions or the Mobile Banking or Popmoney services were not properly working and such problem should have been apparent when you attempted such transaction.
- If circumstances beyond our control (such as fire, flood, telecommunication outages, postal strikes, equipment or power failure) prevent making the transaction.
- In the event of any failure or interruption of such services or any part thereof, resulting from the act or omission of any third party, or from any other cause not reasonably within the control of the Credit Union.
- If you have not given the Credit Union complete, correct and current instructions so the Credit Union can process a transfer or bill payment.
- If there are other exceptions as established by the Credit Union.
- If, through no fault of ours, a bill payment or funds transfer transaction does not reach a particular payee due to changes in the payee address, account number or otherwise; the time you allow for payment delivery was inaccurate; or the payee failed to process a payment correctly, or in a timely manner, and a fee, penalty, or interest is assessed against you.
- If the error was caused by a system beyond the Credit Union's control such as a telecommunications system, an Internet service provider, any computer virus or problems related to software not provided by Credit Union.
- TERMINATION OF EFT SERVICES. You agree that we may terminate this Agreement and your use of your EFT services if you or any authorized user of your PIN breach this or any other agreement with us; or if we have reason to believe that there has been an unauthorized use of your PIN or you or any other party to your account can terminate this Agreement by notifying us in writing. Termination of service will be effective the first business day following receipt of your written notice. Termination of this Agreement will not affect the rights and responsibilities of the parties under this Agreement for transactions initiated before termination.
- AMENDMENT AND NOTICES. The Credit Union reserves the right to change the terms and conditions upon which this service is offered. The Credit Union will provide you with notice at least twenty-one (21) days before the effective date of any change, as required by law.
- BILLING ERRORS ON CONSUMER ACCOUNTS. The following billing error rights apply to consumer accounts, but not business accounts. In case of errors or questions about your Mobile Banking or Popmoney Service transactions, other than transfers from a line of credit, telephone us at the phone numbers or write us at the address set forth above as soon as you can. We must hear from you no later than sixty (60) days after we sent the first statement on which the problem appears.
- Tell us your name and account number.
- Describe the transfer you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information.
- Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within ten (10) calendar days.
We will tell you the results of our investigation within ten (10) business days after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. For errors related to transactions occurring within thirty (30) days after the first deposit to the account (new accounts), we will tell you the results of our investigation within twenty (20) business days. If we need more time, however, we may take up to forty-five (45) calendar days to investigate your complaint or question (ninety (90) calendar days for new account transaction errors or errors involving transactions initiated outside the United States). If we decide to do this, we will re-credit your account within ten (10) business days for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within ten (10) business days, we may not recredit your account. If we decide after our investigation that an error did not occur, we will deliver or mail to you an explanation of our findings within three (3) business days after the conclusion of our investigation. If you request, we will provide you copies of documents (to the extent possible without violating other members' rights to privacy) relied upon to conclude that the error did not occur.
- ENFORCEMENT. You agree to be liable to the Credit Union for any liability, loss, or expense as provided in this Agreement that the Credit Union incurs as a result of any dispute involving your accounts or services. You authorize the Credit Union to deduct any such liability, loss, or expense from your account without prior notice to you. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed under the laws of the State of Utah as applied to contracts entered into solely between residents of, and to be performed entirely in, such state. In the event either party brings a legal action to enforce the Agreement or collect any overdrawn funds on accounts accessed under this Agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled, subject to Utah law, to payment by the other party of its reasonable attorney's fees and costs, including fees on any appeal, bankruptcy proceedings, and any post-judgment collection actions, if applicable. Should any one or more provisions of this Agreement be determined illegal or unenforceable in any relevant jurisdiction, then such provision be modified by the proper court, if possible, but only to the extent necessary to make the provision enforceable and such modification shall not affect any other provision of this Agreement.