Rates and terms are accurate as of Saturday, August 01, 2015 and are subject to change.
The credit union may offer other rates and terms or amend the rates and terms contained in this schedule from time to time.
Click here to view or download a copy of our Loan Rates PDF.
Platinum Low Rate
||No Annual Fee, Low Rate, no rewards or cash back option
||6.99% - 17.49%
Platinum Rewards Or Cash Back
||No annual fee, with rewards or cash back option
||8.25% - 18.00%
Classic Standard Rate
||No Annual Fee, Low Rate, no rewards or cash back option
||10.5% - 18.00%
Classic Rewards Or Cash Back
||No Annual Fee, with cash back option or rewards
||12.25% - 18.00%
- For Visa Check Card rates please see Line of Credit.
- Visa Platinum requires $6,000 minimum limit.
- Platinum Low Rate option not available on Business Accounts.
|Interest Rates and Interest Charges
|Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for Purchases, Cash Advances & Balance Transfers
6.99% - 17.49% Visa Platinum Low Rate
8.25% - 18.00% Visa Platinum Rewards Or Cash Back
10.5% - 18.00% Visa Classic Standard Rate
12.25% - 18.00% Visa Classic Rewards Or Cash Back
When you open your account, the applicable APR is based on creditworthiness. After that, your APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.
|How to Avoid Paying Interest on Purchases
||Your due date is 25 days after the close of each billing cycle. We will not charge any interest on the portion of the purchases balance that you pay by the due date each month.
|Balance Calculation Method
||We use a method called "average daily balance" (including new purchases).
Platinum Low Rate: None
Platinum Rewards Or Cash Back: None
Classic Standard Rate: None
Classic Rewards Or Cash Back: None
||1.5% of amount of advance
- Late Payment Fee
- Return Item Fee
||Up to 1% of the US dollar amount of the foreign transaction.
How We Will Calculate Your Balance: We use a method called "average daily balance" (including new purchases).
We reserve the right to amend the VISA Credit Card Agreement as permitted by law. The above rates and fees are current as of Saturday, August 01, 2015.
|Minimum Finance Charge
|Variable rate information
The Periodic Rate and ANNUAL PERCENTAGE RATE are variable based on an index, which is the highest U.S. "Prime Rate" as published in the Wall Street Journal as of the last business day of each month prior to any change date, plus a margin as set forth on the Rate & Fee Disclosure. The ANNUAL PERCENTAGE RATE is the index value plus a margin. The ANNUAL PERCENTAGE RATE may change on the first day of the following month and any increase or decrease will affect the number of payments you will make. The ANNUAL PERCENTAGE RATE and the Periodic Rate applicable to your account will be disclosed on each monthly statement.
|Visa Flat 1% Rebate Information
A quarterly rebate will be given on your Visa Card purchases made throughout each quarter decreased by any purchase credits and excluding cash advances, advances made to pay off other loans, or any other increase of your Visa account balance, e.g. fees, interest charges. The amount of the rebate is computed on the amount of Visa card purchases made in each quarter according to the following breakdown: 1% on all qualifying purchases. The purchase rebate will be credited to your share savings account by the end of the month following the end of each quarter for the previous quarter's purchases. The rebates will only be credited to the accounts of members in good standing.
|Visa Tiered Rebate Information
An annual rebate will be given on your Visa Card purchases made throughout the calendar year decreased by any purchase credits and excluding cash advances, advances made to pay off other loans, or any other increase of your Visa account balance, e.g. fees, interest charges. The amount of the rebate is computed on the amount of Visa card purchases made in the calendar year according to the following breakdown: 1/4% on the portion of annual purchases $0 to $1,000, 1/2% on the portion of annual purchases $1,001 to $2,000, 3/4% on the portion of annual purchases $2,001 to $3,000, 1% on the portion OVER $3,000. The purchase rebate will be credited to your share savings account by the end of February for the previous year's purchases. The rebates will only be credited to the accounts of members in good standing.
|For Credit Card Tips from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
||To learn more about factors to consider when applying for or using a credit card, visit the website of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau at http://www.consumerfinance.gov/learnmore.
|Transaction fee for purchases
VISA® Account General Terms, Disclosure Statement & Card Agreement
This VISA Credit Card Agreement (Agreement) and the Account Disclosures accompanying this Agreement will govern your VISA Credit Card and account issued by America First Credit Union. In the agreement the words "you," "your," "yours," "applicant," and "borrowers" means any person who signs or uses any Card or PIN issued on this account, including, any joint obligor, guarantor, authorized user, or the person whose name is embossed on the Card. The words "we," "us," "our," and "Lender" means America First Credit Union. The word "Card" means any one or more credit cards issued under the Credit Union's VISA Classic and Platinum Card programs. Except as specifically indicated, all terms and conditions in this Agreement will apply to the VISA Credit Card issued to you. By signing or using any Card or PIN, or allowing others to use the Card or PIN, you and they will have accepted this Agreement including the Rate & Fee Disclosure accompanying this Agreement, which is incorporated herein. Just as if you and they signed it, you and they,
jointly and severally, will be bound by the following terms and conditions which will govern this Account.
- ACCOUNT ACCESS
- Purchases and Cash Advances. You must sign the Card to use it. Once you have signed the Card, you can use it to buy or lease goods or services, wherever the Card is honored, up to the full amount of your credit line. You may use your Account to get cash advances from us. You may also use your Card to get a cash advance from participating financial institutions or an automated teller machine (ATM). You may use your Card to purchase goods and services any place your VISA Card is honored by participating merchants. No purchase may exceed the available funds in your account. The Credit Union reserves the right to refuse any transaction that would draw upon insufficient funds.
VISA Convenience Checks. If we approve, you may obtain advances under your account by writing preprinted VISA convenience checks that we supply to you. Your use of
loan checks will be shown as cash advances on your monthly statement. We may not honor your loan check if: your check is post-dated; payment of the check would exceed your Credit Limit; a check is signed by a person without authorized access; the amount of the check is less than the minimum required amount; your Account has been terminated or suspended, or any checks have been reported lost or stolen. You may stop payment on a loan check if you provide us with the exact information describing the check. If you give us incorrect information, we will not be responsible for failing to stop payment. You understand there may be a charge for each stop payment order requested. Our liability for a wrongful dishonor is limited to your actual charges, however, a dishonor for the reasons stated above is not a wrongful dishonor.
Only the person whose name is printed on a convenience check may sign it. All convenience checks must be written in U.S. dollars. We will not certify a convenience check. You may write these checks for any amount providing your total outstanding balance does not exceed your available credit limit and your credit card account remains in good standing. We are entitled to return it unpaid if there is not enough available credit on your account to pay it, if you are in default under this Agreement, if your card or convenience checks have been reported lost or stolen, or if the convenience check is post-dated. The Credit Union shall have no liability for any convenience check(s) returned in excess of your credit line.
PROMISE TO PAY
You promise to pay us all such amounts, plus any Interest Charges, which arise from use of the Card or Account by you or any other person, and to be jointly and severally liable with such a person, unless such other person does not have actual, implied, or apparent authority
for such use, and you received no benefit from the use. You promise to pay us either by direct payment, or by automatic transfers from shares or payroll deduction.
This Agreement will constitute a revolving line of credit for an amount which will be the credit limit under your Account. You may access your credit line through VISA Credit Card purchases, and cash advances at participating merchants. We will advise you of the amount of your credit limit on your statement. That amount will be the maximum amount you may have outstanding at any one time. You agree not to attempt to obtain more credit than the amount of your credit limit. However, if you temporarily exceed your credit limit, you agree to repay the excess immediately, even if we have not yet billed you. Obtaining such credit does not increase your credit limit. We retain the right to increase or decrease your credit limit at any time for any reason. Any increase or reduction of your credit limit
will be shown on your monthly statement or by separate notice together with any changes in the applicable minimum monthly payments. Your eligibility for this credit limit is determined by our loan policy and may be terminated at our sole discretion, without demand or notice. You may close your credit line at any time by notifying us in writing and returning all Cards cut in half. If you terminate this Agreement or if we terminate or suspend your credit privileges, the provisions of this Agreement and your liability hereunder shall otherwise remain in full force and effect until you have paid us all sums due us under this Agreement and returned all Cards.
MINIMUM MONTHLY PAYMENT
Minimum Monthly Payment. We will mail you or deliver a statement every month if your account has a balance. You agree that you will pay each month not less than the minimum monthly payment on or before the scheduled monthly due date. The minimum monthly payment will be 2.5% of your outstanding balance ("New Balance") or $25.00, whichever is greater. If your outstanding balance is $25.00 or less, you agree to pay the balance in full. You may pay in full for all your purchases and cash advances each month, or you may repay in monthly installments. We can accept late payments or partial payments, or checks, drafts, or money orders marked "payment in full" without prejudice to our rights under this Agreement, which are
hereby explicitly reserved. A credit posting from a merchant or reversal of fees do not constitute a minimum payment. The minimum monthly payment may be allocated at the Credit Union's discretion to pay off lower rate balances, such as promotional offers, before higher rate balances, such as cash advances or purchases. Payments in excess of the minimum monthly payment will be allocated first to higher rate balances, as applicable.
From time to time, we may allow you to skip your minimum monthly payment due. If you choose to skip that payment, Interest Charges will continue to accrue in accordance with this Agreement. Payments received at: America First Credit Union, PO Box 9199, Ogden UT 84409 at or before 5:00 PM Mountain Time on any business day will be credited to your Account as of that date. When your payment due date falls on a day we do not receive mail payments, such as a holiday or weekend, mail payments received the next business day will be credited as of the previous business day. Payment crediting to your Account may be delayed up to five days if your payment is received by mail at any other address.
You grant the Credit Union a security interest under the Utah Uniform Commercial Code in any goods purchased through your VISA Credit Card Account. You agree that all collateral you have given the Credit Union to secure other consumer loan obligations (except dwelling secured loans), in the past and in the future, will secure your obligations under this Agreement. In addition, by signing or using any Card or PIN issued on this account, you have given us a security interest in all your shares and deposits, present and future, and all accounts (except Individual Retirement Accounts) with the Credit Union. You agree, upon default, the Credit Union may apply all that is secured to pay any amounts due under this Agreement, without further notice to you.
Each month we will send you a statement showing purchases, cash advances, payments, and credits made to your Account during the billing cycle, as well as your "Ending Balance," any Interest Charge, and any late charge or other charges. Your statement also will identify the "Total Amount Due" for that billing period and the date it is due. You agree to retain for statement verification, copies of transaction slips resulting from each purchase, each advance, and other transactions on your Account. Unless you notify us of a billing error as described below, you accept your monthly statement as an accurate statement of your Account with us.
CIRCUMSTANCES UNDER WHICH AN INTEREST CHARGE WILL BE IMPOSED
The total outstanding balance of purchases and cash advances in the Account on the closing date of a billing cycle, including any Interest Charge will be shown on the Periodic Statement for that billing cycle as the "Ending Balance."
Cash Advances. An Interest Charge will be imposed on cash advances remaining unpaid after the first day of the month following the billing cycle. There is a cash advance fee of 1 1/2% of each cash advance transaction, including ATM withdrawals, Web Access advances and convenience checks. This fee is identified on your monthly statement as "Cash Advance Transaction fee."
Purchases. An Interest Charge will be imposed on the portion of purchases included in the New Balance that remains unpaid by your payment due date. This "grace period" allows you to avoid a Interest Charge on purchases for a billing cycle. However, if you do not pay the New Balance for purchases within the grace period, your Interest Charge will accrue on any unpaid purchase transactions from the date of purchase.
METHOD USED TO DETERMINE THE BALANCE ON WHICH THE INTEREST CHARGE MAY BE COMPUTED AND AMOUNT OF Interest Charge
The Credit Union figures the Periodic Interest Charge on your Account by applying the Periodic Rate to the "Average Daily Balance" of purchases and previous unpaid cash advances for your Account. To get the "Average Daily Balance" we take the beginning purchase and cash advance balances of your Account each day, add any new purchases and subtract any payments or credits, unpaid Interest Charges, and unpaid late charges. This
gives us the daily balance. Then we add up all the daily balances for the billing cycle and divide by the number of days in the billing cycle. This gives us the Average Daily balance for both purchases and cash advances. Cash advances made in the billing period will not be assessed the daily Interest Charge until after the first of the following month. "A Interest Charge will be imposed on the portion of purchases included in the New
Balance that remains unpaid by your payment due date."
PERIODIC RATE AND CORRESPONDING ANNUAL PERCENTAGE RATE
The variable Periodic Rate and ANNUAL PERCENTAGE RATE applicable to your Card will be set forth on the Rate & Fee Disclosure provided with your Card and will be governed by the periodic Rate and ANNUAL PERCENTAGE RATE terms set forth below.
Variable Rate Cards. The Interest Charge imposed during the billing cycle will be
determined by multiplying the Average Daily Balance by the Periodic Rate. If you elected a variable
rate Card, the Periodic Rate and Annual Percentage Rate are variable based on an
index plus a margin. The index is determined monthly by the highest U.S. prime rate effective,
as reported by the Wall Street Journal on the last business day of each month. The Annual
Percentage Rate may change on the first day of the following month and any increase or
decrease may affect the number of payments you will make. The Annual Percentage Rate
and Periodic Rate applicable to your account will be disclosed on the Rate and Fee Disclosure
accompanying this Agreement and shown on each monthly statement. The "Total Interest
Charge" shown on your monthly statement consists of the periodic Interest Charge on purchases
and the periodic Interest Charge on cash advances.
- CONDITIONS UNDER WHICH OTHER CHARGES MAY BE IMPOSED.
We may impose the following fees and charges on your Account:
- Late Charges. If we do not receive your minimum payment within 10 days of the due date we will impose a Late Charge of up to $35.
- Returned Item Charge. If any check or draft we receive from you as payment for any amount you owed to us is returned to us unpaid, we may impose a returned item fee of $10.00.
- Annual Card Fee. The annual fee for a VISA Classic or Platinum credit card will be set forth on the Rate and Fee Disclosure accompanying this Agreement.
- Miscellaneous Photocopying. If you request a copy of a sales draft or other documents, we may charge your Account $5.00 per copy and $15.00 per hour. These charges cover the costs of locating, copying, and delivering the documents to you. If a request is related to a billing error and an error is found, we will reverse any photocopying charges.
- ATM Fees. If you use an ATM to obtain a cash advance and the ATM is not operated by us, you will be charged a fee as disclosed on our rate anf fee schedule. You may also be charged an ATM surcharge by the ATM operator or an ATM network utilized for such a transaction. The ATM surcharge may be charged to your account if you complete the transaction.
- Attorney's Fees and Costs. If you default on any part of this Agreement, you agree to pay us all costs to collect your Account, including court costs and reasonable attorney fees and collection agency costs whether or not there is a lawsuit, and fees on any appeal and fees for bankruptcy proceedings, appeals, and any post judgment collection services, if applicable.
- CONDITIONS OF CARD USE
The use of your Card and Account are subject to the following conditions:
- Ownership of Cards. Any Card or other credit instrument or device which we supply to you is our property and must be returned to us, or to any person whom we authorize to act as our agent, or to any person who is authorized to honor the Card, immediately according to instructions. The Card may be repossessed at any time at our sole discretion without demand or notice. You cannot transfer your Card or Account to another person. You may not use the Card for any illegal or unlawful transactions and we may decline to authorize any transaction that we believe poses an undue risk of illegality or unlawfulness.
- Honoring the Card. Neither we nor merchants authorized to honor the Card will be responsible for the failure or refusal to honor the Card or any other credit instrument or device we supply to you. If a merchant agrees to give you a refund or adjustment, you agree to accept a credit to your Account in lieu of a cash refund.
- Foreign Transactions. Purchases and cash advances made in foreign countries will be billed to you in U.S. dollars. The currency conversion rate for international transactions as established by VISA International, Inc. is a rate selected by VISA from the range of rates available in wholesale currency markets for the applicable central processing date. The transaction amount for foreign transactions will include a foreign transaction fee of 1% of the transaction amount.
- Notices and Payments. All notices will be sent to your address as shown in the application. You agree to advise us promptly if you change your mailing address. All payments should be mailed to us at the remittance address shown on your monthly statements. Payments received at that address will be credited to your Account as of the date received.
- Personal Identification Number. We will issue you a Personal Identification Number ("PIN") for use with your Card at automatic teller machines ("ATMs"). These numbers are issued to you for your security purposes. These numbers are confidential and should not be disclosed to third parties. You are responsible for safekeeping your PIN. You agree not to disclose or otherwise make available your PIN to anyone not authorized to sign on your Accounts. To keep your Account secure, please do not write your PIN on your Card or keep it in the same place as your Card.
You will be in default under this Agreement if any of the following occur: (a) Any monthly payment("Total Amount Due") is not made when due; (b) You become insolvent, bankrupt, or you die; (c) You violate any part of this Agreement, or any other agreement with us; or (d) if we reasonably deem ourselves unsecure on your credit line. We will notify you in writing of any such action as soon as practical if it occurs. Upon default, we may declare the entire unpaid balance immediately due and payable, and you agree to pay that amount plus any attorney's fees and costs including collection agency costs incurred by us. We can delay enforcing any right under this Agreement without losing that right or any other right. A negative credit report reflecting on your credit record may be submitted to a credit reporting agency if you fail to fulfill the terms of this Agreement.
CREDIT INFORMATION/FINANCIAL STATEMENTS
You authorize us to release information to others (e.g., credit bureaus, merchants, and other financial institutions) regarding the status and history of your credit line. You agree to provide us, at any time we deem necessary, with a current financial statement and updated credit information upon request. We may investigate your credit directly or through a credit reporting agency.
LOSS OR THEFT OF VISA CREDIT CARD
You agree to notify us immediately of the loss, or the theft, or the use without your permission,
of any Card or other credit instrument or device which we supply to you. Please notify us,
orally or in writing, at the address or telephone number shown on the Rate & Fee Disclosure
accompanying the Agreement and on each billing statement of the loss, theft, or possible
unauthorized use of your Card. If you notify us of your lost or stolen Credit Card after discovery,
you may not be liable for any losses related to credit transactions. This zero liability will
apply provided you were not grossly negligent or fraudulent in handling your Card.
YOUR CREDIT CARD BILLING RIGHTS
Keep this document for future use. This notice tells you about your rights and our responsibilities
under the Fair Credit Billing Act.
What To Do If You Find A Mistake On Your Statement. If you think there is an error on
your statement, write to us at: America First Credit Union, P.O. Box 9199, Ogden, UT 84409.
In your letter, give us the following information:
- Account information: Your Name and account number.
- Dollar amount: The dollar amount of the suspected error.
- Description of problem: If you think there is an error on your bill, describe what you
believe is wrong and why you believe it is a mistake.
You must contact us:
- Within 60 days after the error appeared on your statement.
- At least 3 business days before an automated payment is scheduled, if you want to stop
payment on the amount you think is wrong.
You must notify us of any potential errors in writing. You may call us, but if you do, we are not
required to investigate any potential errors and you may have to pay the amount in question.
What Will Happen After We Receive Your Letter. When we receive your letter, we must do
- Within 30 days of receiving your letter, we must tell you that we received your letter. We
will also tell you if we have already corrected the error.
- Within 90 days of receiving your letter, we must either correct the error or explain to
you why we believe the bill is correct.
While we investigate whether or not there has been an error:
- We cannot try to collect the amount in question or report you as delinquent on that amount.
- The charge in question may remain on your statement, and we may continue to charge
you interest in that amount.
- While you do not have to pay the amount in question, you are responsible for the
remainder of your balance.
- We can apply any unpaid amount against your credit limit.
After we finish our investigation, one of two things will happen:
- If we made a mistake: You will not have to pay the amount in question or any interest
or other fees related to that amount.
- If we do not believe there was a mistake: You will have to pay the amount in question,
along with applicable interest and fees. We will send you a statement of the
amount you owe and the date payment is due. We may then report you as delinquent if
you do not pay the amount we think you owe.
If you receive our explanation but still believe your bill is wrong, you must write to us within
10 days telling us that you still refuse to pay. If you do so, we cannot report you as delinquent
without also reporting that you are questioning your bill. We must tell you the name of anyone
we reported you as delinquent, and we must let those organizations know when the matter
has been settled between us. If we do not follow all of the rules above, you do not have to
pay the first $50 of the amount you question even if your bill is correct.
Your Rights If You Are Dissatisfied With Your Credit Card Purchases. If you are dissatisfied
with the goods or services that you have purchased with your credit card, and you have tried in
good faith to correct the problem with the merchant, you may have the right not to pay the
remaining amount due on the purchase. To use this right, all of the following must be true:
- The purchase must have been made in your home state or within 100 miles of your current
mailing address, and the purchase price must have been more than $50. (Note:
Neither of these are necessary if your purchase was based on an advertisement we
mailed to you, or if we own the company that sold you the goods or services.)
- You must have used your credit card for the purchase. Purchases made with cash advances
from an ATM or with a check that accesses your credit card account do not qualify.
- You must not yet have fully paid for the purchase.
If all of the criteria above are met and you are still dissatisfied with the purchase, contact us in
writing at the above address. While we investigate, the same rules apply to the disputed amount
as discussed above. After we finish our investigation, we will tell you our decision. At that point,
if we think you owe an amount and you do not pay, we may report you as delinquent.
We reserve the right to amend the terms of this Agreement at anytime as permitted by and subject to any limitations and notice requirements of applicable law.
NOTICE AND AGREEMENT
You understand and agree to the terms and conditions in this VISA Credit Card Agreement and disclosures, including the accompanying Rate and Fee Disclosure. You acknowledge that you have received a copy of the Agreement and Disclosures. This Agreement is a final expression of the agreement between you and the Credit Union. This Agreement may not be contradicted by evidence of any oral agreement or alleged oral agreement and contains the terms applicable to the credit transaction.