Save Time And Money With Free Online Bill Pay
Online Bill Pay is free from America First, and you can save time & money, as well as enjoy enhanced security, by taking advantage of it.
It's simple to set up. To enroll, log in to Online Banking with your America First Account Number and Personal Identification Number (PIN), then select Bill Pay to get started *.
You can take care of many expenses - including utilities, phones, and television service - as soon as the following business day with free Online Bill Pay. Next-day payments for lots of non-electronic payees are also available for just $15.
Not only will you have peace of mind regarding the service's safety, you'll benefit so much that paying your bills will almost be enjoyable:
- Be more secure with electronic bill payments
- Schedule payments to almost anyone in the U.S. **, from your electricity company to your daycare provider
- Schedule multiple payments using the all-in-one payment center
- Schedule one-time or recurring payments
- Most payments are received in two business days
- Receive and pay electronic bills (e-Bills)
- Avoid costly expenses for ordering checks, purchasing envelopes & buying stamps
For more information about the service, view our Bill Pay Agreement.
* Account requirements:
- Active America First Checking Account
- Line-of-Credit protection or zero-limit debit card
- Valid E-mail address entered in your AFCU account profile
- Must have a valid United States address on your AFCU account
** Tax payments and court-ordered payments may be scheduled through the service; however, such payments are discouraged and must be scheduled at your own risk.
Business Bill Pay
Business Bill Pay Login
America First's premier Business Bill Pay service is FREE* and it's been redesigned for quicker speeds and user-friendliness - just like Online Bill Pay for your household!
Current Business Bill Pay users login now. Existing America First Business Account holders enroll now. Or, open an America First Business Account today, and begin using the service.
The benefits of Business Bill Pay are:
- Save time & money
- Be more secure with electronic bill payments
- Pay invoices to any company, person, or organization in the country
- Pay multiple invoices to vendors with a single check
- Set up multiple authorized users with controlled security levels
- Attach invoice information and credit memos to your payments
- Make payments of up to $50,000 in your business' name
- Reduce the number of paper checks
- Pay multiple vendors at one time
Call 1-877-AFCUBIZ for more information on Business Bill Pay.
For more information, please read our Business Bill Payment Agreement and Disclosure.
**Restricted accounts are not eligible to use Business Bill Pay. Tax payments and court-ordered payments may be scheduled through the service, however, such payments are discouraged and must be scheduled at your own risk.
Frequently Asked Questions
When you first begin using the service, set up your payee list by adding the payees to whom you want to make payments. You only need to add each payee once. When you make a payment, you specify the date that you want the payment to reach the payee. After a payment is scheduled, it appears as Scheduled in the "Payment Activity" section. After we begin to process your payment, the status changes to Processed. The payee receives your payment and credits your account.
No, you do not need to contact your payees if you use this service. We send each of your payments with your payee account number and payee information, so the payees are able to credit your account appropriately.
When you schedule a payment you specify the date that you want the payment to reach the payee. The payment is processed 4-5 days prior to this date. The funds will be withdrawn from your account on the due date.
After the payment date, check the "Payment Activity" to see if the status of the payment is Processed. If the status is Processed, then the payment has been sent to the payee. You can also check to see if the funds have been withdrawn from your checking account. For example, review your checking account history through Online Banking for the withdrawal. Or you can call the payee to see if they received and credited the payment. Sometimes it may take the payee a few days to credit your account.
If the payment is not credited in a reasonable amount of time, take the following steps to resolve the problem:
- Wait five days after the scheduled payment date to see if the payee credits the payment to your account.
- If the payment is not applied to your account, call the payee's Customer Service department to see if they received the payment and credited your account. When you call, gather information from the payee (i.e. name of person assisting you, phone number, amount of late fees, etc.).
- If you have received a late fee but scheduled your payment on time, ask the payee if they will waive any late fees or finance charges.
- If the payment is not credited to your account or if the payee will not waive late fees, find the payment in the "Payment Activity" section. Click "View" in the Payment column, then click "Inquire about this payment" to send us a message that includes the information you gathered from the payee.
Online Bill Pay determines if the payment will be made electronically or by check, based on whether the payee accepts electronic payments and other guidelines. For example, some payees, such as individuals, cannot receive electronic payments, so a check is printed and sent to the payee. Whether a payment is made electronically or by check, the payment is processed to reach the payee on time.
When you receive your America First statement, the payments made through Online Bill Pay will appear as a Bill Payment even if Online Bill Pay sends a paper check to the payee. In some cases the paper checks are drawn against your payment account. When this is the case, the payments will appear on your account statement just like your other checks.
An e-bill (electronic bill) is an electronic version of a paper bill that you can view online through Online Bill Pay.
If you are trying to automatically enroll in Online Bill Pay and you're account is not in good standing you will need to contact the e-Support department at 1-800-999-3961 to be able to enroll in Online Bill Pay. If you are trying to enroll in Online Bill Pay using a business account you will need to visit our Business Bill Pay section to take advantage of our Business Bill
For your security, you will be automatically logged out of Online Bill Pay after 20 minutes of inactivity. If you are not finished using Online Bill Pay simply log back in through the Online Banking System.
Since bill pay resides on a separate window, the Online Banking screen can not monitor your activity and will display the warning message after periods of inactivity.