Financial Counseling Services
The primary goal of America First Credit Union is to help each member achieve financial stability and well being. We recognize that from time to time everyone runs into some financial difficulties. America First is here to help you through your difficult financial situations, and help you develop a plan for future financial success with our FREE Financial Counseling Service.
Warning Signs of Financial Stress
Are you always late on paying bills or relying on grace periods?
Are you tapping into your savings to meet your monthly expenses?
Are you threatened with repossession of your car or foreclosure on your home?
Are you working overtime or a second job just to make ends meet?
Are you near or at your limit on lines of credit?
Can you only afford to make the minimum payment on charge accounts?
Are you borrowing to pay for items you used to buy with cash?
Are you regularly incurring overdraft fees on your checking account?
Are you considering bankruptcy?
Do you worry a lot about money?
If you are experiencing any of the "Warning Signs" of financial Stress listed above, or would just like some good solid advice on how to become financially successful then:
REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT
- Print and complete our Financial Budget Forms
- Completed forms can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to 801-827-8314 or dropped off at any branch location.
- An America First Credit Union representative will contact you to set up an appointment.
Counseling Services Include:
- Examination of your income and outgoing expenses.
- Establishment of a workable, realistic budget, and savings plan.
- Extension recommendations while urgent matters are settled.
- Referral to outside resources that may benefit your situation.
- Help in resolving and improving your credit.
The information you share is entirely confidential, and will never be given to any other person, employee, or company without your permission.
AAA Fair Credit Foundation 1-800-351-4195
- AAA Fair Credit Foundation is a non-profit credit counseling agency that can help our members negotiate a debt management plan for credit cards and unsecured debts without a set up fee.
- PowerPay is an online debt management program created by the Utah State University Extension program to help families and individuals gain control of their consumer debts by providing a tool to help you eliminate debt more quickly.
Financial Tools & Forms
Financial Articles Online